Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

UFOs and #16

While cleaning out and organizing my tatting stuff,  I found two UFOs.  The yellow book mark is pattern which I have tatted in various forms over the last 20 years (will show you the original in another post).  Then I found Snow Crystals from 'The Tatters Treasure Chest' which I know I started at least 6 years ago and ran out of shuttle thread with two repeats on the outer chain to go.  So I added thread and finished it but realised that my style of tatting since starting the challenge has changed and you can see where I took it up again.  So I retatted it in varigated purple, using split rings and chains so I only had two threads to hide at the end.  The tension difference and new techniques give a piece which needs very little blocking.
#16 and the finished UFO

finished UFO bookmark

1 comment:

  1. You know, I can't see where you took up the snowflake again at all. The purple one is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete