Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

Motifs #21, #22 and #23

Have been busy tatting if not posting.  I have completed edgings for hand towels for my nieces as presents which will have to wait till after their birthdays.
Motif #21 is Daisy Picot Snowflake by Jon Yousoff.  This was a nice pattern to learn daisy picots by and turn out quite well.
Daisy Picot Snowflake by Jon Yousoff
 Motif #22 in my first Flying Minor Norwegian Dragon by Ann Brovold.  Still need practice for the wings other wise I am happy how it turned out.  Will use this one on a hand towel for my nephew who loves dragons.
Flying Minor Norwegian Dragon by Ann Brovold

Motif #23 is a small mat that I free tatted.  Started with a centre ring and used a split ring to climb out, tatted a row of rings and chains, split ring to start 3rd row then clovers and chains.

Pink Mat
It was nice to just tat and not think too much about it, apart from how many dbs to use.  I was going to join the outter chains but after I did the first one I realised that it should have had more dbs so left them unjoined.  This was tatted with one bobbin wound CTM in Milford satin 2ply Lipstick in one pass as an experiment on how may rows I could tat with only one bobbin.  I tatted this piece in 2 hours in the car on the way to Brisbane for lunch at a friends place.  While at lunch I tatted 3 little flower motifs for hair clips for her daughters and another friends daughters. I still need to do one more flower and post it.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful snowflake!!! :)
    Great dragon!! :)
    Wow!!! You free tatted that motif??? It's wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete