Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

Gifts across the counter (Motifs #1, #2 and #3)

Working as I do in a retail food outlet in our small country town, I often talk to my customers about my tatting.  Before christmas when I was wearing my snowflake earings, one of my older couples, told me how his mother used to tat.  Yesterday when I went to work there, waiting for me was an old tatting book that belonged to his mother.  So I am now the proud owner of this little gem.

Gift from Glen and Margaret Muller, belonged to Glen's mother Vera




I believe the book is likely from the 1930's or 1940's going by the style of pattern in the book.  They are very similar to the pattern of the Lace Mat that Jon rewrote.

I also recieved from Jon her Elegant Tatting Gems  for my Lace mat being placed in the top 5 when she held her poll.  I have tatted 3 of the motifs, Galuh (in which I miscounted the outer rings), Baiduri and Kencana.  I have used a HDT from Jess at Tat-ilicious called Just Jonquil which she dyed last year when she asked for colour palattes.

Galuh, Baiduri and Kencana 


I am still teaching Alison to tat and will have a post to show her progress soon.
Happy Tatting.

3 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely gorgeous!!! :) I love that colorway!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Frances, I can't find an email address for you. You have won one of the earring and Tin sets on my PIF giveaway. Please contact me at ladytatslace at gmail dot com. Please replace the words with the correct symbols and remove the spaces. I need a mailing address for you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete