Pages

Monday 24 September 2012

Elegant Corsage (#16)

One week before Formal (Prom) my son asks if he is getting a corsage for his date, as all the boys at school were talking  about them.  As they are wearing black (her) and White (him) I thought I would make a corsage for her.  So out with my size 40 thread in black and white, silver beads and Mary Konior's Rosa Frivola from Tatting with Visual Patterns.
Rosa Frivola being blocked
 and forced into shape with spray starch (from the back)

Then I gathered some white and silver organza ribbon as a backing and attached a silver and black finding to the front.


 Voila!! one Black and White Corsage, that will last forever and I think that it is a timeless design.
 And a picture of my lovely model

And Damien and his date Courtney (when did he grow up, the years have flown by, he has just 7 weeks till he finishes school)



8 comments:

  1. That is really gorgeous!! AND you have saved her from the task of drying flowers that will never look as good as they did that night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and she can use it again as the organzia and ribbon both come off and she can use it as a hair piece by attaching a clip, slide or band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really really beautiful, and she will have that forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea! It is beautiful.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful story and marvelous pictures! The corsage is beautiful and VERY special! I wouldn't be surprised if you get requests for other occasions!

    ReplyDelete